PDA

View Full Version : Fur Cralwing Please Help

francois85
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi,

I have a character that has a lot of fur, after applying blendshapes and smoothing the poly mesh the fur crawls in my render when surface is deforms. Please help me im relatively new to using maya fur.

pascal
06-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Hello,

We had a similar problem a few years back.
Fur depends a lot on the uvs, and deform + smooth seems to make slight changes to them ( so slight you can't see them :) ) what we had to do is to make a copy of the base mesh (without the deformers/skin, etc...) , smooth it, then make a blendshape to the deformed version with the same smooth value...

Before that you might want to try to pre-process the equalizer maps, or if your uvs are really well done, don't use those maps...

Hope this helps,
Pascal.

Fathom
06-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Try switching the 'smooth uv's' option off in the smooth node.

dr.rastaman
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
You should create a 'texture reference object'. In Bind pose select your object and go to menu: Texturing -> create Texture Reference Object. That creates a templated copy of your Model that acts as a lookup for texture and fur placement when your object deforms.

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.