PDA

View Full Version : blend curves ?

yznah
06-14-2007, 09:10 PM
does anyone knows a method to blend nurbsCurve between them different than blendshape.

i want to do that without having intermiediate nurbsCurve nodes. possible?

Remi
06-15-2007, 06:24 PM
clusters and set driven keys would be another way. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking really though so I may be way off base there.

yznah
06-15-2007, 07:43 PM
hmm well this is worse than blendshape i think but thx for reply :) i prefer avoiding intermediate shape like nurbsCurve, they generate transform nodes contrary to rebuildCurve nodes and all.

your cluster idea reminded that the control points are directly connectable. maybe it is possible to blend them with blendColors
i'll give a try! :p

Remi
06-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I'd like to know if that worked. Let me know if it did. Sorry I couldn't help. I'm not really understanding what you're trying to do. You say you want to blend curves without using curves? Not following you really, i'm sorry.

yznah
06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
i blent the controlPoints output of my nurbsCurve and curveInfo nodes with blendColors. it works :)

and i have discovered the avgCurves node. ten times better than blendshape or blend controlPoints :) i don't know if this node is slow but it works very nice

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.