PDA

View Full Version : The Hapless Hero - Character - brasshorse

brasshorse
03-19-2003, 07:27 AM
I'm entering again this month too. Might as well start my thread. I have sketches...a bunch actually, but I'll be posting later.
I'm doing a hero and a villain, plus vehicles and environments to put in a single completed image. Hopefully my thread won't get buried again since I'll have way more pics. Have fun, people. :)

tmt
03-19-2003, 07:38 AM
I hope you will get greater attention in this challenge! :buttrock:

wildsheepchase
03-20-2003, 03:38 AM
Good to see you in the challenge again! I was really amazed with your last challenge entry. I can't wait to see what you do this time:beer:

brasshorse
03-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Here's just a few uninteresting thumbnail doodles.
I'm happy with the idea and I think I'll stay with it. At this point I'm just roughing out some ideas for the hero and his vehicle, plus the city he lives in.
I figured I would do a character that wasn't just a fat, ugly, or retarded human, but an animal who seemed completely oblivious to his situation. Basically he's a chicken who has a job at a law firm/insurance agency type office. The "gimmick" is that he's just a normal chicken. He doesn't talk, or think much, but he somehow dons this superhero identity and saves the world on a weekly basis Inspector Gadget-style, by accidentally thwarting villains while just walking around doing normal chicken-type things...clucking, head-bobbing, etc..
Oh so hapless.

I've started some villain ideas as well, which I'll post later.
Anyhow, thanks in advance. Keep drawing, folks. :)

http://conceptdesign.ath.cx/aaronstg/TChicken_Thumbs.jpg

-aaron

brasshorse
04-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Here's my hero, Teriyaki Chicken. Next up is the Villain and Teriyaki's Vehicle. Sorry in advance if you get a red X. :)

http://conceptdesign.ath.cx/aaronstg/tchicken_sm.jpg

-aaron

Jokke
04-03-2003, 07:12 PM
haha really nice! :D:beer:

dinlenmis
04-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Sorry, but I think it's a super lucky hero just like gadget, so it makes a anti-hapless character and may not be suitable for the concept.
good luck...

SheepFactory
04-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Great to see you in Aaron , Cant wait to see the villain :)

brasshorse
04-06-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by dinlenmis
Sorry, but I think it's a super lucky hero just like gadget, so it makes a anti-hapless character and may not be suitable for the concept.
good luck...

Actually, stuff gets unintentionally destroyed, he doesn't know what he's doing, etc...Plus, my villain always manages to defeat himself in the end, so it all works out.
I think people would agree that Gadget is hapless...anyhow,
thanks for the comments so far, guys. :)

telesto
04-06-2003, 12:57 PM
wow! this is really sweet! I love your style. so clean :eek:

I also looked at your website, you have some really great stuff there!

It would be great if you could go through some of your methods of coloring. it kicks butt.

thank you, you've inspired me.

dinlenmis
04-06-2003, 07:28 PM
It's something about analyzing the word "hapless". Gadget's situation may be discussable, but I think always being defeated is a reason enough for being hapless.
Anyhow, good work, good luck...

Rey
04-21-2003, 02:04 AM
:buttrock:

Nice work I'm looking foward to see this project completed.
You have a cool website with a lot of inspirational work.

:buttrock: :drool: :drool: :airguitar

KolbyJukes
04-23-2003, 07:19 PM
brasshorse,

Very nice stuff. I love your style. Nice to see another Vancouverite on the boards.

-Kol.

brasshorse
04-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Gah, sorry people, I lost a few weeks being out of town and working on other stuff so I won't be able to finish. I still may post the thumbnails and sketches of my villain, etc.. if requested.

Anyhow, good luck to the rest of you, :)

-aaron

mattregnier
04-30-2003, 05:52 AM
this character reminds me of chicken boo from animaniacs :D great character...you're not a man you're a chicken boo

RockinAkin
04-30-2003, 06:20 PM
I was just browsing the entries before the challenge closed, and the moment i saw yours, I burst out laughing!

Very good job!
The look on his face is priceless. :D

-DivideByZero-

DV8
05-06-2003, 01:09 PM
hahahhaha

ap0c
05-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Blank expression... ALL the time! I love it. So, would the citizens be called Futilitarians? And how exactly does TC interact with anything?

brasshorse
05-07-2003, 05:33 AM
Hahaha, nice, ap0c. Yes, the poor citizens of Futility city have a pretty feeble line of defense in Teriyaki Chicken.

Basicaly he just wanders around like a normal chicken, and does normal chicken things. The funny part comes when he just inexplicably happens to be in his superhero uniform at the scene of the crime, and happens to be wandering around, accidentally causing problems for the villains.

Thanks again, guys!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.