PDA

View Full Version : Gimbal coordinate in 3DSMAX

laspatul
06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
hi,

I' ve got a question about the gimbal coordinate in 3dsmax.
When you freeze the rotation of an object, Max create a new rotation controller called "keyframeXYZ" at the top of the "initial pose". And when you are in Gimbal coordinate system the X Y and Z value are at 0. And you can change this values by entering what you want in the 3 fields at the bottom of the screen.
What I want to know is why is it not the same with the position. The position coodinates displayed in gimbal coodonate system are the coordinate of the "initial pose" (when your freeze the position, of course) So I can't enter the 0 myself. And I often would like to do it.
What the way?

thinks

PEN
06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
There is no such thing as gimble for position so what you are seeing is parent space. There is no good way built into Max for some reason to get the values and set the values of the currently active controller in a list which is what you are looking for. It needs to be scripted.

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.