PDA

View Full Version : Urgetnt Help, Images size, resolution gate with orthographic cameras for online game

A3Y55
06-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I have a scene set up with a number of orthgraphic cameras. I need to output renders for an online games we are working on.

The problem I have is and the moment the the characters hat in the walk cycle ends up getting cut off when rendered. So you would think very eesy to fix just increase the height & within render settings. Try it and see what happens... seems to make the rendered image bigger... I'm very confused!! (See attached Maya 8.5mb File)

The only 2 contraints I need to work to are
1.the character cannot be any smaller that it is at the moment so increasing the Orthographic Width in the Attribute editor of the cameras N, NE, E, SE, S as this would make the rendered charatcer smaller.
2. the character must fit snuggly in the render area... not masses of redundent area as this has a direct effect on the pointer area when in the game.
3. the cameras all need to stay pointed at the same point of interest.

And one last question... Why is the resolution gate when applied to an orthgraphic camera not accurate? This is very frustrating!!

Any help on this seemingly very simply problem would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Wayne

acidream
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Increasing the width and height in the globals does not change the way your camera will view the scene. It only increases the number of pixels in the image. The only way I know of to fit your character in the frame with your constraints is to make the camera view larger by scaling the orthographic cameras. I made a couple of changes to the camera scale and set the film fit to overscan, and increased to overscan to fit in the viewport. I had to slide the cameras a bit to the left and right to make sure no parts of the character went out of the frame. Does this work for you?

http://smb3d.com/CGtalk/CameraSetup.zip

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.