PDA

View Full Version : FunBlender?

Apollux
03-19-2003, 04:55 AM
Ok, reading on the opinions about the 2.26 release somebody said

' 2.26 is cool, but funblender is a way supperior product. the wire overlay in funblender is easier to see and a much greater modelling aid than the one implemented in 2.26. the automated armature/vertex group option is also very radical, and it's a shame it wasn't included...'

First: What in heaven is FunBlender?

Second: It is really that great?

Third: If it is that great, should one kiss 2.26 good bye and switch to FB (whatever it is)?

Last (too many questions already) What are the diferences between Blender and FunBlender?

JamesMK
03-19-2003, 08:48 AM
1. FunBlender a.k.a. "tuhopuu" is the playground version used by the open source developers. New features are tested in it, and those that are stable and complete enough eventually get passed over to the "official" releases

2. It works! And there are quite a few things in it that's not yet available in the vanilla 2.26

3. Not necessarily. Even though it has new features, it's not like they are fully tested yet. I'd say you can safely wait until they make it to the official Blender. It's not too far away in the future.

JA-forreal
03-20-2003, 02:28 AM
I learned something new and useful while working in the
FunBlender. It handles photoshop uv texture files! Cool! And of course a whole lot more.

JamesMK
03-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by JA-forreal
FunBlender - - - It handles photoshop uv texture files

You mean PSD's? Funny, I haven't even tested that...

harkyman
03-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Duh for me. My PSD's were showing up with previews in the image selector, and I didn't even make the connection. Once again, duh.

JA-forreal
03-20-2003, 05:59 PM
PSD's what else?

If Blender see's a file type, chances are it can load it.

JamesMK
03-20-2003, 07:22 PM
That aside - it's frigging impossible for me to read your (JA-Forreal) posts without constantly hearing the harsh voice of Mr T inside my head... :D

Tommi
03-20-2003, 08:00 PM
Hey James, how does your avatar sound... erm... without a jaw :p :hmm: :surprised

theeth
03-21-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Tommi
Hey James, how does your avatar sound... erm... without a jaw :p :hmm: :surprised
he's telepathic, with a big cavernous voice and all that jazz.

:scream:

Martin

JA-forreal
03-21-2003, 03:21 AM
Ah man, B.A.'s as harmless as a teddy bear.

http://www.buyersmls.com/americantv/ba.htm

-see he just loves teaching some folks to fly, the natural way.

And to keep it on topic, I'm sure B.A. would love to use the FunBlender to send CG character folks into virtual orbit.

theeth
03-21-2003, 03:55 AM
Back on topic, Tuhopuu also has some support for QuickTime, import/export. I've had some problem testing the output myself, but it's suppose to work.

I guess the Mac OS X users feels a little less left out now :applause:

Martin

Apollux
03-21-2003, 05:20 AM
Fun Blender seems worth looking at. It is available for all plaforms or just as source code?

(me rejoice on Linux :bounce: )

theeth
03-21-2003, 01:45 PM
there's a windows binary floating somewhere, but it's not up to date like the Linux binairies.

Martin

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.