PDA

View Full Version : cloth implosion

nester999
06-13-2007, 10:30 PM
hey everyone,

So to start this summer I decided to tackle the seemingly inpenetrable maya cloth. As I feel like I've done a couple hundred times, creating the garment is pretty much cake. However as soon as I start simulating the cloth, even after setting up the depth options for the collision object, my shirt somehow gets under the collision object's surface and gets all ugly. I already checked the normals so I'm pretty much stumped. Thanks in advance!

always the best,
edan

Isia
06-13-2007, 10:57 PM
The mesh itself doesnt look very dense, which could be causing the problems. Try increasing the density of the mesh first of all and see if that helps.

if that fails there are a few things you can try:

you could try enabling the depth map feature which from my understanding it will readjust the collision depth and offset per vertex, this does cause slow simulation times though.

try adjusting the solver scale, you want to find a value which matchs the 'size' of your character, its a little hard to explain, but at the default value of 1, the cloth may look likes its too big for your character.

increasing the solver accuracy might help too, but this increases the simulation time by quite a bit.

hope that helps

ghoest
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
SCALE UP!
scale everything up and maya simulates better

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.