PDA

View Full Version : UV Distortion problem in mudboxx

LAZIKAT
06-13-2007, 09:16 PM
So im having this weird problem i dont know if anyone has run into this but this is what i have...
So i take my low poly model i created in maya, fully uv'd then take into mudbox and sculpt. Once im done i go to my first o level model and export it and take into maya. With that i update my low res model and is the model i will be applying the normal map. So when i do that everything is fine, uv layout is still good. So once i have done that, i setup my settings in mudbox for displacement. I run it and i get some funky stuff. Here is an example of what im talking about. This was a test so i doodled it through. But as you can see in this image the low res uv is the same from the model i started in maya as what i imported from mudbox at 0 level. Once i bring in the high res version of mudbox my uv's are screwed as well as my map. Can anyone help with this problem?

oglu
06-14-2007, 06:36 AM
are you using the latest version... 1.06..?
is the recreate level uvs under mesh option on..?

or you export your highres as a .bio file...
load only the lowpoly and get the highres .bio from harddrive (not in scene)...
the highpoly needs no uvs...

LAZIKAT
06-14-2007, 05:00 PM

thanks for replying, im using 1.0 and when do i use recreate level? before i start sculpting or once im done?
I have been exporting out .obj
also thats what i thought about the highpoly not needing uvs but my displacement map comes out according to the hig res uv, wich is all distorted.
i just bring the high res into maya to compare displacement and high res poly in my render
but thats when i noticed the uv all screwed up for the high res.

Orange Ray
06-14-2007, 05:56 PM

I would like to know as well, where is the "mesh option" so that I can "recreate level uvs" and what will the "recreate level uvs" do? Will it effect the high poly or low poly?

oglu
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
mesh --> recreate levels uvs
will effect the highpoly uvs

are you using version 1.06..?

get version number
help --> about mudbox

LAZIKAT
06-15-2007, 05:55 PM
so i tried the recreate uv tool and it didnt change much same result. So i thought i t was my model, and so i went on and did a quick test with a sphere. Same thing i sculpted and also did the recreate tool and processed my displacement and it seems to work better but then i get these weird holes as u can see in the image below. I have been trying different things but i dont know if its me or what? but all my maps processed in mudbox come out looking really bad. I cant seem to figure out the problem. I follwed the Maya Mudbox workflow tut Video (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=221&t=470883) and still having problems.

oglu
06-16-2007, 07:06 AM
i think your search distance is to low in the baking options...

PasKal
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello !!
I've the same bug, it's when I clic on subdivision good for the low model.
if no subdivision level, you have a other problem but not the same .
It's when mudbox subdivise the mesh that create bugs uv at the seams ,
recreating uv don't work, wait for a other version of mudbox .....

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.