PDA

View Full Version : Some references cause referencing file to crash when closing

superduper10000
06-13-2007, 09:44 PM
I've frequently encountered situations where I am referencing certain other maya files and the referencing file crashes on close.

That is, file A has a reference pointing to file B and file A crashes every time I close file A. However, overwriting file B with a new, empty maya file allows file A to open and close without crashing.

Deleting all history in both files doesn't solve the problem. Exporting file B to an OBJ and re-importing into a new maya file is the only solution I've found, but this is not ideal because it's happening to me quite often.

Does anyone know what I might be able to do to file B to make file A more stable? Has anyone else had the "crash on close" bug with files that use references?

goleafsgo
06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Your problem may be because of failed edits on the referenced file.

While the references are still loaded can you try "File -> Clean Up Reference" from the reference editor?

It would be great if you have a file that you could share which demonstrates the problem. Send me a message if you can and we can look into it further.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.