PDA

View Full Version : I need help with texturing a nurbs surface

dweinin
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I thought if you spaced out your UV's evenly on a nurbs surface that your texture map would space out evenly too.

I've got a surface here and I've attached a material to it. Basically a ramp map with a circular pattern on it. I'm trying to create a bunch of evenly spaced holes. My U and V's are spread out pretty even as you can see in the attachment but when I put the texture on this bad boy the texture is not evenly spaced? Is the way the texture gets applied not based on the UV's or am I missing something with my UV's?

Thanks!

bwheels02
06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
My best suggestion would be to simply apply a checker pattern to any piece of geometry you are trying to alingn UVs on. Open your UV texture Editor and start moving your UVs around untill every checker looks square in the persp view (#6 on keyboard). goodluck

thehive
06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
you could rebuild it under the surface tab manually spacing jus mushes up nurbs where you streach out on area the space next to it will squash.

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.