PDA

View Full Version : a Few problems. mia & photons

MAV4d
06-13-2007, 06:31 AM
So when ever i try to use the Mia_Material it shows up as black, not sure why, im in MR using a converted light and its just showing up as black

also for some reason after a while my scenes wont change, Ill change the ratius of my photons intensity accuracy, nothing changes in the render, no idea why

please help!

-MAV

coccosoids
06-13-2007, 06:40 AM
you have to connect mia_material in the shadow and photon shader slot of the
shading group node - have you done that?

MAV4d
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
no i havent!

so just in the main shader group?

MAV4d
06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
im looking and i cant find those nodes, are they just in the SG tab in the hypershade?

i hope it isnt my maya bugging out

bwheels02
06-13-2007, 06:58 PM
yes it is in the SG. when you graph the shader network and view its input and output connections you will see the SG node. Click on it and view it in the attribute editor. Click on the Mental Ray tab and vwoila! You will see the custom shaders tab that includes the "Shadow Shader and Photon Shader." Middle mouse click and drag & drop.

This is where to find what q vask was saying, I do not know if this will solve your problem. Goodluck :)

MAV4d
06-13-2007, 09:21 PM
that seemed to work, but im not getting any reflections, do i have to plug the mia into any more channels

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2007, 09:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.