PDA

View Full Version : Program for timing animation? Realtime

Luddy
06-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Is there such a program to help figure out timing for animation? Playing in Maya and hitting S with realtime playback works(not sure how accurate). Is there another way or dedicated program to do this?

I have a beat in my head, and I'd like tap a key or mouse realtime and record keyframe on each tap.

ex. like flickering of a light, or pushing a button

ChadJay
06-13-2007, 06:06 PM
what about recording the sound of your finger tapping -then load the wav file into your animation package so you can see where your sounds are hitting on the time line?

or
i think i remember seeing a mel script on highend3d a while back
where you would select the jaw bone of your character then move your mouse up and down as the animation was playing and it would rotate the jaw with the mouse movement and set keys to the jaw so you could chew through the dialogue and rough out your lip sync.
maybe you there is something similar to find or create a mel for?

:)

Luddy
06-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I can do it with sound waves by picking the top of the waveform. Or filming eyeblinks for reference.

It would be cool to use a wacom pen w/ pressure sensitivity to affect a value like light intensity etc realtime.

For mel, you could take each keyframe and make a spread distance slider that changes scale of an object from 0 to 1. Then connectAttr to a value.

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2007, 10:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.