PDA

View Full Version : Memory Problem? Maya crashes..?

Tom N.
03-18-2003, 10:36 PM
I'm working on our lab computers that have 1.4 Ghz pentiums and 1 Gb of RAM. Once in a while (twice so far) when i open up my att editor for a material, some weird error comes up, and then another comes up that says:

The instruction at "0x00720075" referenced memory at "0x00720075." The memory could not be "read." Click OK to terminate the program.

Then I hit ok and bam, maya closes instantly. ANY ideas as to why this happens? I lost a little work a couple minutes ago and its pretty frustrating.

-Tom N.

Any help at all is appreciated!

DaForce
03-18-2003, 11:22 PM
sounds like either your maya is a little corrupted, or that you ram is some what cactus. Download memtest86 and burn it onto a bootable cd and run it that will atleast either rule out the memory having problems or it will find the culprit.

http://www.memtest86.com/

AmateurOne
03-19-2003, 01:17 AM
I'm a Maya noob but it gave me naughty-pointer problems similar to that until I got my video drivers and settings straightened out. Think I'd look there first. My general experience has been that reports of errant pointers are not hardware problems. But what do I know:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.