PDA

View Full Version : Animating cracks

Phaeton
06-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone! I need help with animating cracks ( :banghead: ), tearing street asphal apart. The script of my animation follows: something in the center of hiway is starting to grow (like roots of the tree, but very fast). And camera shows how cracks running from this thing.
Can anybody help me? It is greatly appreciating if controls of this animation will be simple and software to be used is "3dsMax", but anyway, any advice is welcome.

THX

P.S. sorry for my english.

actionbrad3d
06-14-2007, 07:01 AM
hey,

There is a plugin for maya called blastCode which does this type of effect. maybe it is available for max too(?) try a google search for blastcode.

otherwise- perhaps the answer might lie in either an animated map, or the morph modifier- (i.e., make morph targets for the cracks. ) good luck and i hope it all works out well :)

Phaeton
06-14-2007, 09:08 AM
actionbrad3d great thanks for response! Also if there is any other way to do this it will be very useful.

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2007, 09:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.