PDA

View Full Version : tree exporting

STRAT
06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
i have a few nice basic trees in Vue that i want exported into Cinema4d or Max.

how best to achieve this? the mesh exports fine into another app, but it's UV mapping is all to cock. Infact, the tree mesh comes in as a single entity with a single UV mapped material. this just isn't flexable.

I wouldn't mind too much, but the UV mapping becomes distorted during the export process. ie, the leaves map fine, but the trunk mapping is all messed up. and i cant edit it as the mesh is a single entity. can i separate tree's elements out into separate components for exporting maybe?

So, how do i export my trees from Vue 6 to C4D or Max please?

thank you

bruno021
06-15-2007, 08:34 PM
That's the problem with exporting plants or objects from Vue right now, they export as single mesh, and a single UV mapped texture, and there is nothing to do about it, I'm afraid.

The tree mapping comes distorted? Well, what happens is this: when you export a plant that has a procedural material, Vue generates a bitmap instead (because procedurals don't export to other programs in general) that it "thinks" is as accurate a possible. If you feel it is not the case ( and you're probably right, lol!), the only way to export the tree with a correct bark texture would b to actually swap the procedural bark material with a bitmap inside Vue's plant editor, and then export.

STRAT
06-22-2007, 10:31 AM
thank you, i will play :)

MikeBracken
06-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Also in max you can detatch the trunk as a seperate mesh, and uvmap it seperately.

Regards,
Mike

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2007, 04:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.