PDA

View Full Version : New to posting...

DigitalSkorpyon
04-04-2002, 10:28 PM
I've just recently discovered this site and find it to be very cool. I've made attempts at posting but had problems with them. These images aren't the greatest but work as a test for posting. I'd like to know what you think.

illustr8rX
04-05-2002, 05:52 AM
very nice indeed! I'd love to see a detail shot of curly. Do you have anything up on line? I like your style and would like to see more, thanks for sharing
-don

ParanoidAndroid
04-05-2002, 06:32 AM
Very nice!!

I love the curly drawing! I'm a huge curly fan lol. I'm wearing my 'Curly World' T-shirt as we speak hehe.

DigitalSkorpyon
04-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Thanks a lot. Curly has to be one of my all time favorite comedians along with the rest of the country. I've attatched a hopefully larger image of Curly for you to see.

Nyuk,Nyuk

-Grant

DigitalSkorpyon
04-05-2002, 09:06 PM
I'm having a hell of a time getting my images to be large enough for review. I realize I have to keep them under 50,000 bytes but don't really know how to increase the size without losing a lot of quality. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

-Grant

DigitalSkorpyon
04-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Okay, I'm gonna try this one last time... Sorry if you're getting sick of seeing his face.

-Grant

illustr8rX
04-05-2002, 10:42 PM
great work grant! I really like that piece. Thanks for the larger version-don
PS. what are you using to compress the images you upload? photoshop? another image editing program?
if so try doing a SAVE AS to a folder, saving in the .jpg format; at about a 7 or 8 image quality setting. It should significantly lower the size of the files, allowing larger dimensions in your uploads.

DigitalSkorpyon
04-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I use Photoshop but have been leaving the quality at 12. I'll try that in the future.

Hash!
04-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Your drawing is very nice!....If you want to post bigger images...and you're using Photoshop...just make a Save for Web....it opens Image Ready in Photoshop...it optimizes your image by removing all the colors in the 16bits palette of color that your image don't use...and you can also play with the size and the quality of the final image....like this I can save a 600x600 image with full colors in .jpg...and it's only about 48k....try it....!...and keep drawing!!!:thumbsup:

DigitalSkorpyon
04-07-2002, 11:43 PM
I will definitely be trying that. I should of thought to use that because I have to use it to save images for slideshow presentations to keep their file sizes down. I guess I just didn't put the two of them together. Thanks for your guys help.

-Grant

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.