PDA

View Full Version : huge arm-problem!

theflatlander
06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I have rigged this character with IK/FK switch for the arms, and they are controling a splinejoint-chain because I donīt want the elbows to be sharp. Then I have skinned the splinechain to the model(which I have deleted in the file below). The SplineIK handles roll- attribute is connected to the FKshoulders rotateX(otherwise I canīt rotate the arm in X).

The problem is that when I rotate the shoulder down so the palm is facing the leg, and then rotate the arm up forward (-90 Z and -90 Y), the splineChain rotates exactly 90degrees for no reason(so the thumb is pointing to the side, not up), and I canīt figure it out why! and itīs killing me! I really wouldnīt post the file here if I could find the solution by myself, trust me, I love challenges, but this one I canīt solve! I have tried pretty much everything but now I need some help!

Please look at the file, i would really appreciate it!/jimmy

refract
06-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Try changing the joint rotation order from XYZ to XZY, on that particular joint.
(also check the joint orientation of your orientation constraints)

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2007, 03:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.