PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Balls!

meelie
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
http://myles3d.blogspot.com/2007/06/particle-view-and-video-post-settings.htmlIm trying to create an animation which demonstrates the workings of an atomic particle accelerator using PF Flow and Video Post.

The protons/neutrons are represented by Glowing Balls as they travel down the accelerator.

I can create the effect of the the glowing ball with a simple sphere with a glow effect in video post, so I thought it would be simple enough to make an instance in PF Flow but it doesnt seem to work at all.

Anyone got any ideas/alternatives?

Thanks for any help

scrimski
06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
I can create the effect of the the glowing ball with a simple sphere with a glow effect in video post, so I thought it would be simple enough to make an instance in PF Flow but it doesnt seem to work at all.

What have you done so far/ on which point it doesn't work?
Screenshot of your PFlow and your VP Queue would be helpfull.

meelie
06-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Sorry -hers screenshot of VP and PF

http://myles3d.blogspot.com/2007/06/particle-view-and-video-post-settings.html

Hope this helps

M

scrimski
06-12-2007, 12:09 AM
You need to assign either an object ID to the PFlow. You also may use a material and a material for the glow but in this case you need to use one of the material operators in PFlow.

charleyc
06-12-2007, 07:41 AM
You need to assign either an object ID to the PFlow. You also may use a material and a material for the glow but in this case you need to use one of the material operators in PFlow.

Just to clarify, this needs to be done to the events within Particle View. The main, render event settings can carry down through the flow unless overridden by settings of another event further down.

meelie
06-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Thanks Guys

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2007, 04:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.