PDA

View Full Version : Calling out all the expert wiz's and gurus

MAV4d
06-11-2007, 04:21 PM
i know everyone had to start somewhere, so my question is where should i start out. I have a fairly good grasp of MR rendering, im just lacking the expert knowledge to put me on top of my game. Ive been picking up bits and peices scouring the forums but some times i just get lost in the garble of mr speak. Im slowly learning about architectural shaders and the Mia shaders, also about tone mapping. I would really like to get into the depths of MR and be able to do anyhting my crazy mind desires! lol

Well if anyone has a books they can recomend, websites, tutorials, old monks at tops of mountians it would be greatly appricated!

thanks

-MAV

JulianS
06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
www.mymentalray.com :thumbsup:

techmage
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
You just gotta keep up with it and constantly try new things. I take a little bit of time every day at work to visit the various 3D forums and read about everything new, read what problems other people are having (helps me prepare to deal with them when I run into them) and see if anyone has released or tried anything new. Then on every project I'll do atleast one thing new just to try out new options.

Do that for a few years and you'll pretty much automatically become very knowledgable about it.

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.