PDA

View Full Version : Help with hair

deep_set
06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Hello all! Been playing with Zbrush for a few days now and lovin' every second! I have been working on a character for quite a while now, "Professor Emilius Potts". He is many hundred years old has mutton-chop-esque wispy sideburns, and oh yes, a small tree growing out from his skull.

I have made the basic head model, but am unsure as to how to go about making the tree and his 'roots' for hair. The 'snake hook brush' seems almost perfect for both jobs, however, when i want to use this i have to switch from edit/transform mode and can not seem to get back to editing my model as usual.

I would really appreciate any help or better ideas anybody can offer with this/these issues.

aquariumboy
06-11-2007, 06:59 PM
iv been wondering the same thing i have made tons of characters that i would like to have hair but, like you said the thing drops every time you use another tool.
thats one thing i wish they had fixed was the abillity to use the tools in the sculpting mode without the model being dropped.

DaddyMack
06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
zbrush 3 will allow you to paint a mask onto the top of his head and go tool>subtool>extract to create a new subtool from that mask. There is also a new 3d snake hook brush in the brushes palette... make sure you read the advice for its use on the website if you want predictable results

Good luck;)

deep_set
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
cheers daddymack :) I'll give it a go

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.