PDA

View Full Version : MB on Parallels 3 problem

daytona
06-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Just updated to Parallels 3 and installed MB 1.0.6, It launches fine and I can look at all the menues, but every time I try and open something it crashes immediately. Also dragging the UI around the screen creates funky display issues. Has anybody had success with MB on Parallels 3, if so how? Thanks

smitsc05
07-25-2007, 07:11 PM
I am having the same problem.

Herbie
08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I had the same problem...(Parallels version 3.0.4124)

the only solution I figured out was to lower the Hardware Acceleration in Display properties - (right click on desktop/properties/settings(tab)/advanced/troubleshoot(tab) ).

...it got MB running again... but it also ran extremly slow...like "this is never gonna work, dude" slow (cus obviously, now there were crappier display settings/no 3d acceleration)

...so I changed to zBrush 3 - not Ninja fast in Parallels, on my Macbook Pro (waiting for the mac version) but at least I can model now ;)

Note: I never checked MB again although Parallels has released at least one or two updates since - could be different this time.

Give it a try.

Matt.

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.