PDA

View Full Version : closing panels?

kojala
06-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi

I have some scripts that use polyselectconstraint command and they select meny vertices and uvs and if I have component editor, graph editor or uv editor open the scripts slow down very much....Ive tried to find a command to close to panels if they are open...when I open uv editor...maya prints some things in the script editor but none of those have been any help..
Im not even sure what i should do the panels I cant remove them..after removing maya cant anymore open them...

please help..thanks

brubin
06-11-2007, 12:44 PM
you could write a script that would close all the windows and panels that you don't want, but you don't have to!
fortunately, -and that presumes that you're working with a maya version of at least 6.0 or above- you can set windows | settings/preferences | preferences | UI Elements | Panel Configurations | "when opening"=OFF

this ignores all the panel and window information when loading a scene.

HIH
s.

kojala
06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I didnt test that script cos it sounded scary.:]

I dont want to disable all my panels for whole maya session..!!..:]

I just would like to close some of them when running mel and if it was open
then again open it after mel...
is it so difficult to do in maya...
Im using maya 6.0.1

thanks anyway

brubin
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
you needn't be scared!
this pref-option doesnot "disable" panels for good, - okay -let's say you left your multiLister opened last time you saved your scene, and you have hundreds of shaders on display.
next time you open that scene your multiLister would reappear, and it would take forever for the scene to load. with the pref.-option checked OFF the multiLister will not load, UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO! ( -> window | rendering editors | multiLister)

HIH
s.

kojala
06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
heh I found the commands...

this one creates uv editor:

TextureViewWindow;

and this closes it:

window -e -vis 0 polyTexturePlacementPanel1Window;

If anybody is intrested.:]

CGTalk Moderation
06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.