PDA

View Full Version : query local bounding box?

gilley
06-11-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm trying to figure out the command to get the "local" bounding box values for an object even though it has other objects parented to it. If you have objects parented together it will give you the total bounding box area of all objects in the hierarchy. The xform command doesn't seem to have any flags for "local" bounding boxes.

Basically I'm trying to modify the frameSelected command. FrameSelected uses the bounding box values to determine how far it zooms in on your object. Again, if the object you frameSelected is in a hierarchy it takes the other objects in the hierarchy into consideration when it performs frameSelected, which is no good for me. I want frameSelected to...frame whatever I have selected, reguardless of wether it's in a hierarchy or not.

Anyone have any ideas?

grantimus
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Use the exactWorldBoundingBox command on the object's shape node rather than the transformation node.

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.