PDA

View Full Version : After Effects error: unimplemenetd function

jademcquade
06-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi guys.

I have an aep which I want to export as an .avi file. When I export the progress gets to about 60% then the following errors appear.

After Effects error: unimplemeted function, followed by

After Effects error: Quicktime export failed (5).

I do not understand why this is happening. My project was composed in After Effects 7 Pro and I am subsequently trying to export from the same version of the software on the same machine.

Does anyone understand why this is happening and how I can get round it?

Any suggestions much appreciated. Really need this file for tomorrow.

berniebernie
06-10-2007, 01:20 PM
what's your codec ?

most of my qt/sorenson problems come from the frame buffer (I believe), so most of the times when rendering hefty comp I use the following trick

Hold alt+shift and go to edit>preferences>general
Select the 'secret' category (or hit previous)
Toggle disable layer cache.

jademcquade
06-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi mikdesign, I was using H264 as the quicktime codec. The problem also occured when I tried rendering as an avi with Cinepak codec. I will try your tip when I get home and post the results if it works.

Mylenium
06-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Are you by any chance including audio in your exports? If so, try to render the clips without it. You can always add it later.

Mylenium

jademcquade
06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I tried disabling the layer cache and the same error messages came up, but having left the machine on over night the file did export. However there was no audio on the export.

I could try starting a new project, importing my video file and then including sound in the time line for export. However this would mean the video file had been compressed twice and would not give the quality of a single export.

I have noticed that the audio in the project would not export as a .wav and the export error always happens at frame 2997 of around 4200. I tried exporting the first half of my timeline and it exported fine with video and sound. I don't know if the second half of the timeline will export as frame 2997 may give an error message.

I will try exporting the second half of my project to see if it exports fine and will post my findings.

mackdadd
06-11-2007, 09:34 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=10&t=502361

Audio is going to give you a big problem in AE. Do one of two things:

1) - Add your audio later, after rendering your final movie, and add it with a different program, or

2) - Edit your audio in another program and render it out as an uncompressed WAV file, then bring that into AE. Most other audio codecs will make things crash in AE.

jademcquade
06-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah mackdadd your second tip sounds like the way to go.

The reason I included the sound in AE is because I don't have a sound editing program with a timeline. My audio isn't just a standard track, I have about 20 different audio clips in my time line which all have various start and end times in accordance with the animation.

I could not compile my audio for this piece in another program without seeing a detailed timeline for my video animation.

What free sound or video editing software do some of you guys use for compiling sound or video files as uncompressed?

berniebernie
06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.