PDA

View Full Version : rigging problem..PLEASE HELP!!

hokin
06-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi All!!

I am rigging a character right now by watching a tutorial DVD from DIGITAL-TUTORS. When I got to the wrist control part, it says to select the wrist control curv then shift select the wrist joint then contrain>orient. After applying to it, the hand snapped out of place. Maybe because the position I rigged the hand arent completely straight. How would I fix it to put the hand back into place??? I attached a picture so you guys will know what I mean. MUCH HELP WOULD BE APPRICIATED!! THANKS!!

sdyer23
06-10-2007, 03:35 AM
hokin,

There are a couple things that might cause this. One is that your Wrist Controler and your Wrist Joint aren't exactly on the same spot. If that is the case, then in the Constraint Settings, there should be an option called "Maintain Offset" Check that before completing the Constraint.

If that doesn't work, check the orientation of the joint itself. One of the Axis should follow the chain of the Arm. If that isn't the case, you might want to go under Skeleton > Orient Joints to remedy this.

I think this is what you are getting at, if those don't work, try creating the arm again and try the Constraints again. I've run into similar problems like this in my Rigging, and I think this is how I fixed them

Hope this helps, Good luck and I hope it works!

-Tux

hokin
06-10-2007, 10:45 AM
thanks so much TuxedoPengu!! it works after I checked the Maintain Offset. Appreciated

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2007, 10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.