PDA

View Full Version : Hapless Hero/Villian - Character - Jokke

Jokke
03-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Weehuu!!! My first challenge entry! :p Can't wait to get started!! ...now I just need to come up with some ideas... Still haven't decided wether it's to be a villian or a hero... Maybe a guy/women who is both trying to be a hero and a villian, but none of it works out the way he/she wants it to... I have come up with a possible name: "Torpedo Joe" or something like that... :)

Jokke
03-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Whoop! I think i have an idea...

Ok... Here we go! A little boy has been watching to much TV and reading to many cartoons sins he was a little boy... His dressing up as a superhero every halloween has become an "everyday" habit... But now he doesn't just dress up a one superhero! He's always dressed like Supermand, Spiderman etc. at the same time! (With the underwaer on the outside ofcourse!) This way he doesn't need to have a secret identity, he's always the superhero! (think I'll dumb the name "Torpedo Joe"... :p)

Some of his weaknesses is his clumsiness and is height, and his fear of GIRLS!!! Uhhhh!!! :eek: ...And he's pretty dum... When he walks through a door some of his clothing always gets stuck in the doorhandle, or in the door when he shuts the door behind him!

At his aid he has his old brown teddybear and some self-made equipment from the toolshed.

I'll write down some the equipment later and some info about him... Maybe I'll dumb the thing about him always being the hero... :shrug: But now i just wanna do some sketching...

Jokke
03-18-2003, 03:22 PM
As said before.. I'm new at this forum thing! ...i put my thread in the "classic challenges" to begin with, instead here in the "2d challenges"... So I just copied the text in the thread in the "classic challenges" into this new thread in the "2d challenges"! :shrug:

IF THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES, PLS TELL ME!!!

By the way... coCoKNIght wrote this comment in the old thread...

Hi, good luck on your first challnege!
Your ideas are sure good so he FEARS girls?

WIP Underwaterthingy
Challenge entry: The Hapless Hero

Ignore me, I'm just another brick in the wall...

Jokke
03-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Hmm... I keep getting new ideas! What if there is no hero and some sort of toy would be the hapless villian?! The toy would be running on batteries... The boy is still crazy about cartoons, so he dresses up the teddybear like a her and plays with it a bit every day, but not much! He just can't figure out why almost all of his toys has run out of power in the morning and it's all laying in a different place, than where he left it... Uhhh?! :eek:

The boy always brings the teddybear with him infront of the TV when he's watching cartoons! The boy loves the hero, so when he plays with his teddybear, he gets to be the hero and the teddybear gets to be the villian... This suits the teddybear perfectly! 'Cause he loves the bad guys in the cartoons! :D

When not playing with the boy or watching TV, the teddybear spend his day planning the perfect crime(s)! At night the teddy try to accomplish these "prefect" crime(s), but never with succes! He usually run out of power, or els the toys, that he uses to aid him in reaching his goals, do... :shrug:

For some reason the teddybear is the only toy alive at night... hmm... Who knows why?!

Well... What do you think of it?!?! Crits, Crits, Crits! I'll come up with some sketches soon... :buttrock:

Jokke
03-18-2003, 04:21 PM
And some more ideas!:curious:

A crazy scientist living on a farm in the country. He has his secret lab under a haystack in the barn, where he tries to invent new usefull things to make the everyday life much easier. But nothing really works for him, 'cause he actually has no idea what he's doing... :D

Crits, Crits, Crits pls! :insane: :hmm: :D :blush: :argh: :sad:

Kirt
03-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the challenge Jokke! :wavey:

Ideas sound good ... but where's the art? Less talk, more drawing! Heheheheh :D

I think that I'm like everyone else ... just waiting for those first concepts before giving critique.

Jokke
03-19-2003, 01:37 PM
:beer: hehe... I'll just find my wacom...

Concepts coming up soon :thumbsup:

Jokke
03-19-2003, 07:49 PM
OK... I hope this works... My comp is kind of f#%ed up! It's
acting really strange... so im not sure if you will be able to see the sketch... Well here we go! This the evil teddybear concept thing...

http://friserverplads.dk/Jokkedk/teddyconcept.jpg

And some more concepts... :p

http://friserverplads.dk/Jokkedk/teddyconcept1.jpg

Crits, crits crits! :D

Jokke
03-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Someone pls write some crits! I really wanna hear what you think of it now.... Dont worry ill come up with some more sketches and concepts! Still havent decided what character to use... And ive got another idea... <--- concept coming up!

Slacker
03-23-2003, 11:05 PM
looking good so far. :thumbsup: I like the teddy gunslinger sketch, just need a little atmosphere to show his battery dieing. You could do a dark background and show an electrical short maybe...

Evil Teddy
03-24-2003, 02:06 PM
*Ahem*

Evil Teddy strikes again! Hah! Nobody is safe!

Actually, my first short film ever was about Evil Teddy and followed a storyline so similar it's uncanny.

You'd better do justice to the Evil Teddy name! I'll be watching you...:surprised

Jokke
03-24-2003, 03:25 PM
You'd better do justice to the Evil Teddy name! I'll be watching you... So I can't call him Evil Teddy?! :cry: Hmm... Well... That's actually what I had in mind...:shrug: His initials would have been ET... Kind of cewl, I think... :p

I'm planning on giving the teddy some more equipment and giving him some more... well.. eh.. character :p Make him look more alive:bounce:

Jokke
03-24-2003, 03:55 PM
I don't really think this helped much on the "making him look more alive"-thing... I just wanted to come up with some more drawing quick... :p

BTW this is my first colored drawing, so I'd like some crits about that too - if posible..:)
http://friserverplads.dk/Jokkedk/teddyconcept2.jpg
If your not sure what it is he's holding, then... it's a "super soaker"!!! :D

Evil Teddy
03-28-2003, 07:51 AM
So I can't call him Evil Teddy?!

No, wait, that's not what I said...I don't have copyright or anything on the name. I just meant that you'd better make him very cool!

Jokke
03-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Great! :beer:
Than his name will be Evil Teddy!

Chaos Maximus
04-26-2003, 09:59 AM
looks like a funny character, i think it would be ammusing if he had pasted a sticker , sort of falling off, with a more intimidating name for the weapon on it. i like the idea

good luck, chaos

Jokke
04-27-2003, 01:08 PM
hehe thx chaos!
i think it would be ammusing if he had pasted a sticker , sort of falling off, with a more intimidating name for the weapon on it. ...but im not sure what you mean..!? :shrug:

well anyhoo... i think im going to make a one page comic... just hope i have to finish!!:p

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.