PDA

View Full Version : freeze object - real world position

alredha
06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
hi,
apparently, there is no way to now th real position in world space of any frozen object, that's what i understood from forums...

but what i know, is that if we get the object manually to the origin and we Xform it relativly to any position it works well "xform -r -ws -t 2.35 5.12 1.23" a sort of offset...

so my "sily" :shrug: question is how can we get the object to the origin thru mel, without using the attributes from the channelbox...

thanks

GiantG
06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Does your object has Values in Worldspace->WorldRotatePivot for example?

When you freeze your Transforms the Values are dumped here. It's impossible to get rid of your transformations at all.
Your can query them (xform -q -ws -rp <TransformName>) and move them inversly back to the origin.

alredha
06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
it worksssss !

thank you GiantG, even if the object is deeply nested it works, rotatePivot....!
you know, i saw people struggling to find a solution in other forums, maybe you should go to save them :thumbsup:....or i'll invite them here :)

thanks again...

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.