PDA

View Full Version : free glow plugin/macro for mac

Borgus
06-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi guys! I'm searching for a glow plugin for mac . i've found one at highend2d.com but its only for windows. hope you can help me!

thx, borgus

osxrules
06-08-2007, 11:05 AM
You can make your own glow effects. Take an image and add a contrastLum node and increase the contrast. Add a blur node and increase the blur a bit. Put that into and iAdd node and add it to the original image. If you want to just make the whole image glow instead of emphasizing the brightest parts, ignore the contrastLum. You can also use a Mult node instead of contrastLum and increase the luminance (this is equivalent to exposure adjustment).

Also, for some handy macros, I suggest checking out the AE macros that someone made. There are a ton of useful effect in there. There is a glow but it doesn't seem to work for me. But there is also a particle generator (albeit slow for images).

Aneks
06-09-2007, 09:10 AM
all shake macros should be version agnostic. Fl_glow, which is pretty much used by everyone is free on fxshare.com and works just fine on my Mac running v4.1

osxrules
06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
all shake macros should be version agnostic. Fl_glow, which is pretty much used by everyone is free on fxshare.com and works just fine on my Mac running v4.1

That's where you can get the AE ones too. If anyone has problems downloading from fxshare, try highend3d.com. It seems to be the same site but the downloads there work for me. At fxshare, it keeps looping round when I hit download and I never reach the download page.

Borgus
06-15-2007, 08:40 AM
thank you all!

borgus

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2007, 08:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.