PDA

View Full Version : Maya/Zbrush Model I am working on.

Donta1979
06-08-2007, 03:45 AM
I am currently a student at FullSail's Computer Animation program this is my second major poly model I have done. I would just like some feed back. I know the lighting is a bit off, I need to do some more smoothing in zbrush. But any tips or any thing would be great, it will only make me better. I know I am not any where near any of you guys now but hopefully with time I can get close=) So Please tear it up.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/Donta1979/fullarmor.jpg

Snakeman
06-12-2007, 03:17 AM
A very good start, the picture you present doesnt show much of the body so i cant really comment on anatomy or anything of that sort... however heres a critique...i love the design, especially the glowing visor!...yet it seems a bit "generic" try adding something personal to the character...some etching or design, even damage of some sort in his/her armor so that the viewer sort-of gets a story from just looking at him/her...take note of his silhouette...try to add something to break up the basic human outline around the character (maybe some extra breathing filters on the sides of his helmet so it doesnt fogg up inside :D hehe, maybe vents on the chestplate to keep his body kool in the suit and well ventilated, maybe jsut a subtle exaggeration in his sholderpads) you can be amazed at how the small , and seemingly insignificant extras will add to your character.

hope i helped,
Snake

P.S.
your skills are great!focus on your art! stay inspired! and work hard bro!!

Donta1979
06-13-2007, 03:54 AM
It is just a bust, Ill upload the fully body as soon as I tweak it a bit more need to add the typology to add the skelital structure to the hands and feet. As well as fix the Sternocleidomastoid at the base of the neck where that muscle meets your clavicle., along with more definition in the legs and forarms. I would love to add every thng you suggested would be cool actually, but I was modeling a republic commando Starwars fans would crusify me "at least the ones that like the republic commandos" hahaha, A full model with accessories, and a custom decel job with more battle damage to armor, blaster marks, scrapes, scratches ect. And fix the lighting in the scene. The visor is pretty easy to do, Just a Ramped shader, shader glow, with two fractles tweaked out for the ramp, with one solid color. But your right it is missing those small extras. I still cannot believe I had every thing go wrong the morning it was due, and in less than 8 hours pumped that out.

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2007, 03:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.