PDA

View Full Version : Shake Source Code

Stryker3D
06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey Everyone,

I recall reading on the net somewhere in one of the cg forums that you could purchase the shake source code. I've done searches on the web, and get older articles (early 2006) mentioning licensing the source code for $50,000. But I'm almost certain I saw somewhere you could currently purchase it for less.

I called Apple's Customer service, talked to both a sales rep and a technical support guy, but none of them seemed to know what I was talking about. In fact the technical support guy told me that there was still no "official" statement that Shake was discontinued ... just simply that support was being canceled.

The whole point is our small studio is interested in purchasing or licensing the source code and would like to know if anyone has any info concerning this and if they could provide me links, so I can then e-mail it to Apple's customer service.

I think Beaker mentioned it one of his prior posts, but unfortunately, the search doesn't produce what I was looking for. Thank you for your time.

Aneks
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Yes Shake is still officially an Apple product and although no one expects to ever see a new version, they have never stated catagorically that it is dead. When the email went out to support customers that they where killing off supporty they made an offer to existing maintenance customers that they would make the source code available for $50,000 US. I still have the email somewhere. It was a sad day indeed.

Stryker3D
06-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks Aneks,

It was a sad day, but I'm sure the next product being developed will be better (crossing fingers). Thank you for the confirmation. I guess that e-mail you got was also sent out on the shake user group list serv, I'll see if I can track it down.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2007, 06:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.