PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Reel 2007

zachlantow
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, I recently finished up my modeling reel and put it on my site. I'm graduating from the University of Advancing Technology at the end of august and will be looking for a job in the Seattle, WA area. I'm going to be adding a lot of other models/textures/animation to my site but the reel is done for now. Please take a look at it and let me know if you have any comments!

Go to demo reel and click on the high res one, the others arnt up and working yet.

www.zachlantow.com (http://www.zachlantow.com)

tanicdesigns
06-08-2007, 01:08 AM
long reel but good work.

zachlantow
06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks designs! Anyone else have any other comments?

CGPrime
06-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Yeah the intro is to long. I would erase the intro informations as well as the 3 "creature" models. They degrade your work. Put some other little things into it (garbage cans, bushes, trees, tv antennas on each roof etc.). Replace the arrow with another one (its to simple). Put one or two hydrants in the front part of the scene. The outro is to long too. The model informations shouldn't fly separated in the window. Fadeout and then give the informations about music etc.
Rotate the street line at the first corner a little bit.
You should add some informations (which 3d application etc.)
A non black background would be cool (not only one color).
There are a lot of mistakes! The building to the right of the converse shoe has 7 parts of the emergency staircase but only 3 lines of windows (the lowest line excluded).

I hope that's all ;)

The reel is not bad but you can pimp it a lot

zachlantow
06-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I see what you mean. Thanks for your input!

windfire
06-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Great Reel!

When you graduate look me up! I might have job 4 you! Logon to www.windandfire1.zoomshare.com (http://www.windandfire1.zoomshare.com).

Travis

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2007, 02:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.