PDA

View Full Version : AIM constrain - Eye Flipping 180/360

orwoFf
06-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi,
Anyone found a good tricks to avoid eye flipping 360 degrees when aim constraint?
Tried changing the world up vector but didnt bring good results - I need to drive some attributes with the eye otherwise it wouldnt be an issue.
It's a messed up character I got from another studio.

_stev_
06-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Use the setting Object Rotation Up, and assing the appropriate node in your rig, like the Head joint.

Stev

orwoFf
06-08-2007, 07:25 AM
yes, I've tried that before - didn't help :shrug: Tried to make an extra locator for the obj rot Up - no results either.

refract
06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Hey Stev whats up? Good to see you here.

My suggestion on this is to check if there are other attributes connected to the eye already.

Select your mesh and eye bones, go to the hypershade, and list input and output connections and see. If there are expressions, or multiply divide nodes,.. or if you see a bunch of "animcurves" in the hypershade.. or "blendtwoAttrs" then it was being driven originally by an expression, a multiply divide node, or set driven keys.
If this is the case, then when you add your aim constraint it can flip. You may need to delete all those nodes and set it up after.

Also check the joint orientation.
(select by component type,.. and click on the black question mark [select miscellanious component type]) then select the eye joint. You can see its joint rotation.

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.