PDA

View Full Version : attaching a head to a body?

illusionmanarts
06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Ive been working with 3ds max for a year now, and after learning the basics and some much needed short cuts im at a point were i can start making things for a portfolio. My real problem lies with importing and exporting. I have a head i modeled in one file, then a body in another. Ive tried importing the body into the file with the head, but when i do it adds extra vertices and then on top of that they arent even connected! How do i get the same model from one file to another unmodified by importing?

OsharpO
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM
First, if they're both in max format. YOu can go to file>merge and then select the face file while you have the body file open.
What do you mean by increasing the number of vertices? Im guessing that you had the turbosmooth/meshsmooth modifier in the stack? If you import/export anyting, the stack is collapsed.
Also, you YOURSELF have to connect the face and the body vertex by vertex/ edge by edge. It wont do it for you.
Just selcect either the head or the body, select attach and then that will attach these two parts. Then you will have to weld them together.

Go cehck out some tutorials is what i recommend

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.