PDA

View Full Version : Joint Swap

fritz8th
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey everyone,

Thinking about a script not sure where really to start at or maybe there is something out there already like it. I wanted to try and write something that would take all the connections to a joint find them and then swap them to another joint . So I could take one join that has SKD's and contraints and then just transfer them to another joint. Any Ideas of comments would be great thanks.

Dan

isamuraiqat
06-10-2007, 09:03 AM
well swapping would involve you xforming all the transformations of the joint "hoping the rotations werent frozen" and also get the orientation of the joint, after that, you'll need 2 read all kinds of incoming and outgoing connections thru "listConnections" and listRelatives for the hierarchy to be added right, after that you may be able to apply all that u queried into the new joint, and then delete the previous one, might also be a good idea to generalize this to include not only joints, but also other stuff like locators and controllers, or even geometry, i thought of doing this script a while ago, but ive been a bit busy, but id love to see it out there!

hope that helped

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2007, 09:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.