PDA

View Full Version : After blendshape done, chage the model with no influence on weight

ltbam
06-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Hi, @ll:)

This time, I have finished about 16 blendshape objects (human head), and I found that I need to chage the model that I need to delete some faces and combine some vertexes.

So anybody can help me to check my workflow to do this job?

change the base object (oringinal model) to what I want it to be (deleting some faces and combine some vertexes).
use mel script to compare the base object and target objects, delete unnessary faces and combine corresponding vertexes.
done
by the way, the faces I deleted and vertexes I combined have no influence on blendshape area, just the neck. Cause the neck is too long, that's why I need to change the model.

So my question is whether all activities I done to my models (including base object model and target model) have bad influence on the weight and texture thing of my model? If yes, is there any approaches that can solve the problem? Do I need to export the weight map at first?

Thanks in advance.

trancor
06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
not sure but I think how the blend shape feature works is that it calls up the number of the point that is being moved by the blendshape.

I know that if you delete verts on the base, you don't need to worry about anything not working propperly between the blendshapes as long as you arn't deleting verts being effected. If you do try moving verts deleted through merging verts, post blendshape, you'll get verts being generated from where you once merged them. I know I could have writen that better.

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.