PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Pass Problem with Vue scene in Max

grungebob
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I have been trying every way to render out multi-passes to be able to composite multi-layers in After Effects 7.0 through 3DS Max 9 64x and Vue 6 XStream. Here are all the ways I tried... and in order of the way I would like to be able to do it:

1. Tried to Matte/Shadow material the objects on other passes... like I have been before with previous renderings before Vue. The problem is... all the max objects that are behind the matte/shadow material works properly, but the Vue scene still comes through the Matte/Shadowed objects.

2. Tried saving on different Object IDs and Material IDs in a RLA format. Problem is when you give Vue a Object ID or Material ID... the atmosphere like the air is considered part of it. So everything becomes that ID.

3. Tried every way to use Z-Depth in passes, but couldn't get it to work... looked at every tutorial and still don't understand it completely. Please remember, I have After Effects and not Combustion.

Any suggests will be very appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.