PDA

View Full Version : No Deformable Objects Selected

Cinobyte76
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I cant figure this one out. I'm having some issues with blendshapes. I have a great model that i'm trying to rig, currently doing the facial blendshapes. I detached the head from the body and made the facial shapes. Then i'll test it by choosing one of the new face shapes and then the master head and try to do blendshapes on it, but it gives me an error: No Deformable Objects Selected. It does this no matter which head/shape i choose. Each shape has a unique name like r_SideSmile, l_SideSmile, etc... In the deformation order, i choose Front of Chain... I'm also using Maya 8.5...
this is just for a head, no eyes or tongues...
also, what i did was cut the head off, name that the master head, duplicated and moved the duplicate up naming it base head and then duplicated more off the base head to create facial shapes...
here are the errors:

// Error: Target RightEyeBlink_1Shape does not match with base Master_HeadShape. //
// Error: No deformable objects selected. //

any ideas? Thank you in advance!!

Tripple-I
06-09-2007, 09:51 AM
couple of things to check:
a- make sure if you have any joints bound to the face you have the deformation order right. blend shapes should come before skinning.
b- make sure you freeze transformations on the blendshapes, sounds dumb but sometimes it helps.
the errors you posted makes it seem like the blend shape came from a different file than that of the one youre working on, are you 100% the base blend shape hasent been modified.

ps. if this dosent help- im sorry its late and im beat

Caffre
06-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Sounds to me like the topology doesn't match.

Perhaps somewhere along the line you decided you needed an extra edge loop? If the number of vertices between the master head and the target shapes are different, maya won't allow you to to add the blendshape.

You could try unchecking the "check topology" box in the blendshape option box, but expected the unexpected...

Also, I should mention that freezing the transforms on blendshapes is generally a bad idea, unless they are all in the exact same world space. You'll notice if you duplicate the master head, move the dup say, 5 units away, and then freeze it and make it a blendshape target, when blending to that target shape the master head will "fly away" to where the duplicate head is in world space. *catches breath*

But yeah...I would double check that the topology matches. There are a number of ways to check this in maya (HUD poly count being the simplist, I believe).

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2007, 02:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.