PDA

View Full Version : Spline IK Axes

colerase
06-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Every time I create a spline IK handle the rotation axes of the cv's are oriented to the world axes, if I try to create one for a joint chain not perfectly aligned to the side viewport it causes problems. I have tried manually adjusting the cv's local rotation axes but when I create a cluster group for that cv, the rotation axes of that is aligned to world axes. I adjust the clusters axes, and when I apply a soft constraint (my goal is to have a joint chain not aligned to the side or front viewport controlled by soft constraint) that too is aligned to the world axes and makes things rotate very funky. anyone know whats going on here??????

DruG
06-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I don`t know what you`re tryin` to do.

Maybe you can post any screen, so we could find a solution? :)

colerase
06-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Here are some pictures , you can see the axes are in the same direction as the world ones ( in the red) and the green is where I want it to be, with the joints. after I create all my clusters and then apply soft contraint to them, the spline (and joints) rotate in the wrong direction, along the axes in the red.

DruG
06-05-2007, 11:00 PM
I don`t understand why do you want to rotate them in the first place;)

But, why won`t you group them under group node, or sth? And then rotate. Should help.

colerase
06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I dont want to rotate the cv's exactly... I was just guessing that their axis might have been part of the problem... I want to rotate the first cluster in the chain. which controls the whole thing (the soft constraint mel script)..and all the clusters axes are not lined up with the joints...and makes for funky rotation and twisting.

DruG
06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
I don`t know what soft contr mel script is.

Why do you stick to it if it doesn`t work for you?

I`m sure there`s a solution, without that soft-something ;)

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.