PDA

View Full Version : How to lock a camera?

Jockomo
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Is there a way to lock a scene camera so I don't accidently confuse it for the editor camera and screw up my positioning?

Also is there a way to see the background in the scene camera but not see the background in the editor camera? (without changing the render settings each time i switch between the two).

Thanks

bobtronic
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Is there a way to lock a scene camera so I don't accidently confuse it for the editor camera and screw up my positioning?

use the Protection tag on the camera

cheers,
Bob

Rantin Al
06-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Better still use Lennart's NONO (http://www.tcastudios.com/) tag which bolts it to the deck making it unselectable.
Look under the xfiles link.

Cheers, Alan.

basilisk
06-05-2007, 11:05 AM
once you put a keyframe on an object, if it has been moved it will snap back to place if you scrub the timeline (so long as auto keyframing is turned off). If I am using a camera for a stills render, I just keyframe it in frame 1.

Jorge Arango
06-05-2007, 01:27 PM
once you put a keyframe on an object, if it has been moved it will snap back to place if you scrub the timeline (so long as auto keyframing is turned off). If I am using a camera for a stills render, I just keyframe it in frame 1.

Don't forget to also keyframe the camera's focal length.

Jorge Arango

Jockomo
06-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the replys everyone. And thanks for that link Alan, there are some very useful plugins there!

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2007, 01:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.