PDA

View Full Version : Vue Xstream plug-in to MAX

Prata
06-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Hello, it seems that many people have the same problem that I do.

I Have Vue Xstream and max 9, but I cannot put the plug-in runnig on in the utilities panel of max 9. I've tried to install the programs again, using open gl... and I still cannot put it working.
Is the best way using vue in max with xstream? or it is better export the models from max and render in VUE?

can someone help?.. please...

Giom
06-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Have you had any luck with this problem yet? I have the same situation.

I found that exporting and importing from both sides doesnt' work either... either the meshes gets messed up, or the textures gets messed up when importing objects from Vue to max.

Very frustrating!

If you find any answeres - please post!!!

Prata
06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi Giom!

Yes, I had lucky with this thing! :)

It happens that the vue instalation was incomplete.
I tried to get a new one that had an update/pluggins folder with 2 or 3 exe files for Vue Xstream. I'd just installed them and Voilá!! The Vue X-stream thing appeared on the list that allowed me to add a button from the utilities panel in max.
Now I just bring the cene that I've created from vue to max.
I continue to have some problems, because my max cene doesn't appear in max instantanly, but i'm trying to work it out.

Greets.

Giom
06-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi Prata

I'm glad you got it sorted out, but I'm afraid I don't follow you.

What are these updates you got, from where? I've looked, but found none:( Can you give me direction please!

Thanks
Giom

yuriythebest
06-24-2007, 09:32 PM
right for me it's like so: the scene in max renders only with MR - not vray/scanline which is a biiig shame. also nothing but the cameras&lights appear in max, the terrain/plants/etc aren't there.

Prata
06-25-2007, 11:52 AM
hello,

Giom, I just downloaded 3 or 4 Vues Xstream, and in one of them there was a folder saying Vue6.xStream update.and.plugins, and in it were the following files:

ContentFix.zip
LicenseServer(2.02)
V6X_PluginsInstaller
Vue6xStream6.00(288741)_Win32
Vue6xStream6.00(288741)_Win64

Just try to look for an update zip file or plugins Instaler. Sorry if I can't help that much. I was lucky i guess.

Yuri, yes, it's a shame not to render neither in v-ray and scanline, but you can see your terrains and vegetables if you switch your max system to OpenGL instead of Direct3D.

Cheers!

bsm3d
06-26-2007, 10:42 PM
right for me it's like so: the scene in max renders only with MR - not vray/scanline which is a biiig shame. also nothing but the cameras&lights appear in max, the terrain/plants/etc aren't there.

Well xStream ONLY use 3ds max with MentalRay render !! Vray, etc are not supporter !

For display issues I just post reply to : http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4476388#post4476388

Giom
06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks Prata, I'll check it out.

I've just upgraded to Vista x64 in order to get the most from my 4gig mem, so I think for me the fun is just starting... lol!

Greetings
Giom

Prata
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
You're Welcome Giom,

I've just owned a new pc too with 4gb memory, but i've heard that Windows Vista have some compatibility issues with some programs as 3dsmax. So I'm still using Xp. The Visa system is only new, so I guess it's a normal behaviour, it's a matter of time until they put it all right.. I hope everything will go right with you.

Greets!

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2007, 03:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.