PDA

View Full Version : path animation problem

sepsis
06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
hi!

i animated a simple cube along a nurbs circle in Maya. its moving clockwise along the circle... but as i move the position markers along the circle to set start and end point somewhere else, the cube is moving counterclockwise... is there a way to control the direction?

thanks, a.

sdyer23
06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
sepsis,

There is way to change direction of the path, but its a bit of an indirect method to do it.

What you want to do is change the Path flow of the Nurbs Path you are using. By doing this you reverse the start and end points of the path. This might help you, if you are moving the circle around in asuch a way that Maya gets confused and thinks you want to go the other way, when you really don't.

To do this be sure you are in your Modeling menu set and go into Edit Curves > Reverse Curve Direction. Be sure you have your path selected before you do this.

That should solve the problem. if that doesn't work, what I would do is instead of using a Nurbs circles, I would just draw a circular path in the direction you want your cube to go in.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

-Tux

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.