PDA

View Full Version : Outpost - VFX Challenge - King Mob

KingMob
03-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Not sure if I can finish this, but it loooks to fun to not try... I am in.

I have abid on ajob, so I might not be able to finish, but let's just try it out :)

pics soon!

KingMob
03-17-2003, 05:46 PM
and look a pic has been found!

wheee ha... sorry for the small size..its just a blank pic tho, and Im sick of opening ftp programs :)

Equinoxx
03-17-2003, 05:48 PM
haha you friggin bastard, you couldn't resist could ya ROFLMAO

let's get going. Great to see you decided to enter my friend :beer:

Mangled Poly
03-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Equinoxx
haha you friggin bastard, you couldn't resist could ya ROFLMAO

let's get going. Great to see you decided to enter my friend :beer:

HaHaHa more fighting words do you want to make one friend in this challenge :)

Equinoxx
03-17-2003, 06:05 PM
you damn right [again]

I got the biggest friend of them all :twisted: hehe

KingMob
03-17-2003, 06:23 PM
me and Equinoxx are sworn enemies....we battle on the sacred ground of cgtalk...

no one will be safe in our epic crusade of bad vs evil...

Equinoxx
03-17-2003, 06:32 PM
less talking more cg :twisted:

NO WAY you're talking your way outa this here clash of the [not so] titans . . . BRING IT ON !!

KingMob
03-17-2003, 10:55 PM
ok heres the update

totally going a different set of canyons.

Not done with the map, but tis getting theere, the quick perspectivly challenged boxes are just to block out where I might put some goodies... more to come soon.

The plate is like 10 different images, so Ims till working ont he shadows, if anyone has any ideas...help!!! ;)

saving my server some streesss removed image ;)

KingMob
03-17-2003, 11:01 PM
and alone

poor server needed saving :)

SheepFactory
03-18-2003, 02:51 AM
Wooooooooooot!

How much caffeine do you guys get daily?

I'll be checking this thread often , BUT , if you neglect the pigman you are in trouble :beer:

My villain needs a nemesis.

rolhionjs
03-18-2003, 08:10 AM
hehe :) both entering two challenges ! :) Know what : I think we're mad ! lol No sleep... cafeine... and cigarettes for me... gosh...

Anyway, very cool start ! i'll keep an eye on it ! :) Good luck !

Iguiniz.X.
03-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Well first congratulations with your win in th e LoTR Cahllenge from last month... really liked the big rock but friendly looking creature.. nice details enz.

seems you have got adicted to the cg challenges...:drool:

Good luck with this one, but don't neglect the pigman in the 3D section,
ought to be :cool:

Mangled Poly
03-18-2003, 04:18 PM
like the new canyons nice work!

:zepedro:
03-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Man, are you using your lotr stone character for the canyons and put pig noses in your aliens?:eek: :eek: I canīt understand it!!! Caffeine? It can't be, i drink a lot of that crap and still canīt match your speed... hmmmm, iīm feeling lazy where :hmm:
Try to give left wall the same hard light that the one on the right.
Good luck for your multi challenges.:surprised

:zepedro:
My thread on Outpost - VFX Challenge (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50180)

derelict
03-19-2003, 07:48 AM
nice! hope u finish it!

coupon
03-19-2003, 09:34 PM
You cheeky bastard, hiding this thread from me :p -subscribed- go*3

KingMob
03-20-2003, 04:23 AM
hehe scratched this one ;)

coupon
03-20-2003, 04:41 AM
left is too blurry, angles aren't right. looking down on left wall and up on right wall. lighting not right for the position of the moon, sorry bro,:shrug: if you moved the moon so it lined up with the lighting on the right and re-did the left...

Stimpy
03-20-2003, 10:19 AM
too much sky and too little canyon for my taste.
and the two walls seem to be a bit too isolated to actually integrate some geometry into them. you could of course try to stick in some building onto the right canyon wall, but that might look kind of out of place with that huge piece of rock in the foreground.

KingMob
03-20-2003, 03:59 PM
hey guys thanks for the feeback...I actually have another plate I mgiht use after eharing this...thanks for being honest

:beer:

Ill hit you with an update in a bit.

Mangled Poly
03-20-2003, 05:00 PM
keep it witht hat sky.. that is awesome!

KingMob
03-21-2003, 02:38 AM
as I saId i totlly re-did my plate...and Im not done yet...

but you guys were helpfull before so be helpfull again.

I am actually pretty close to happy with this, and ready to start maki9ng the neat parts ;)

the stuff onthe left is the orig pics, and the right is the composite thus far...but I bet you can figure that out.

http://ian.gravityfree.com/bgNewplate4.jpg

KingMob
03-21-2003, 03:42 AM
and a small update..toned back the grading (thanks for the term derelict) :)

and trying to make it a bit more real...lemme know

http://ian.gravityfree.com/plate.jpg

derelict
03-21-2003, 04:16 AM
look at the snow on the left compared to the right.. u fix that and u will have a goody goody plate. Looking good!

grade : only use when u place or replace color in a compo.. ie placing cg stuff on a real stuff and making it mooshed together very tight and nicely... hance making it richer. ;)

MikeRhone
03-21-2003, 04:18 AM
Yet another fine WIP by the King. Are you trying to sweep the different challenge catagories in order? :surprised

Its looking like a good matt so far king. The mountains and the lighting look correct to my amature eyes. The FX challenge is pulling in some real pro looking stuff.

The question is... Will King develop schitzoprenia doing 2 challenges at once? Will his Bi-polar alter ego be QueenMob? :insane:

**Subscribed**

Mike R

robertp
03-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Looking very nice. One problem. The Left side of the matte you have the top of a peak all covered with snow. Looks good but it plays to much of a trick with my eyes because I know when I see the rock on the right it should be really huge but both peaks are at the same distance from the camera. It just isnt right. I would like to see that huge rock face on the right get alittle more power. If you shrink the peak on the left it might fit more into the background and not compete against the rock face on the right. Other than that no complaints it just looks good. Keep it up.

Rob:D

Stimpy
03-21-2003, 06:38 AM
grading has nothing necessarily to do with CG. its just the term used for adjusting colors, levels, etc.etc. when you do color correction etc on cg elements for compositing there might afterwards be still some more grading involved to make sure that there is continuity in a movie, that is that scenes which were shot on different days and different times will look the same way.

regarding your matte: i would try to keep the colors as neutral as possible at first and only after you have added your CG elements do all the funky stuff, like adding that gradient in the sky, change the general color mood, etc. might be easier.

Mangled Poly
03-21-2003, 07:16 AM
Looks cool!

Equinoxx
03-21-2003, 08:45 AM
definitely WAY better then the previous one my friend ;)

derelict
03-21-2003, 08:47 AM
actually i'm very curious as to how u gonna comp in the outpost. U have any plans yet as to how u gonna place the outpost?:)

SheepFactory
03-21-2003, 03:50 PM
I love the last plate man , cant wait to see how you gonna place the outpost!

:buttrock:

mv
03-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Great work KingMob, you already know what I think of it... I prefer the greenish lightning less realistic, but more stylish. Keep it up my friend!

urgaffel
03-22-2003, 03:22 PM
*Zoidberg voice* More... More! MOOOOOOOOOORE!!!

coupon
03-24-2003, 08:01 PM
that's more like it:thumbsup:

KingMob
03-24-2003, 08:14 PM
woohoo!

I'll have lot of updates (moving pictures to...now in color ;) )

very soon..working on some building first... some of the people working on this stuff now are insane!

Mangled Poly
03-25-2003, 01:59 AM
Lemme see it!

SheepFactory
03-27-2003, 05:38 PM
I want updateee :)

derelict
03-28-2003, 01:57 AM
he is getting a tan. Dont disturb him.;)

BlueCougar
03-31-2003, 05:30 AM
Okay you're tan enough....where's the update? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

iTHiNK
04-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Alight the rook...

Enough lallygagging... watcha doing? Watching your VIDEOS? Get to work brotha!

Letting me see the updates!

SheepFactory
04-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey King ,

I was away for 3 days and you still have no update? whats going on man :(

CobraX
04-03-2003, 07:12 PM
The man is planning crazy stuff...we might be all blown away....

Who knows what he is planning????

...i am quite scared.:scream:

robertp
04-04-2003, 02:42 AM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Its like im all alone on an island and he is the ship sailing by. To bad my little arms cant wave faster. At least there are three of me...no wait it's just the hot sun playing tricks with my eyes.

Rob:D

dark_lotus
04-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Hey King, Love the plate!!

Want Update!! (my isn't everyone being sooo demanding these days :shrug: )

dark_lotus
04-12-2003, 12:40 AM
Wha?

6 days and still no update? :annoyed:

KingMob
04-20-2003, 06:31 AM
wow long time no update...havent done much work really, played with some particles, procedruals, camera maps (i have done afew camera move test, nothing to show you guys yet...)

should have all the structure stuff done tomorrow...and Ill update again, but just wanted to post a wip hehe.

http://www.cgchallenge.com/entries/5784/33_large.jpg

KingMob
04-20-2003, 09:49 PM
little update on the above image...happy easter guys :beer:

azazel
04-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Happy easter King Mob......:bounce:

This looks like it's night:shrug: due to dark sky probably, but snow is white, as it was the day:hmm: ?

derelict
04-21-2003, 02:53 AM
helo king, its nice to see u back in the thread.

Hope u learn a thing or two while u were taking a personal exploration of your tools. Naughty u, i was talking about the tools of your trade and nothing else.

BTW, the above picture does not do u much justice, it looks very weak. I also know u are doing one other project base on what u have learn. I suggest doing that and forgo this one if u do not have the heart for it.

I think it is good advice if i say that u need to put full effort in what u do or not do it at all.

Cheers mate!

Happy easter!

KingMob
04-21-2003, 03:19 AM
hey guys..yeah the above was just a temp thing to see if I had it in me to even finish this thing..and after eating a ton of food for easter..I know im not into it tonight :beer:

Not sure I will eb finishing this one, I really only entered to learn a few thigns...but then ended up learning the parts I cared about quickly... and then getting bored with it hehe..

If I find inspiration I will try and get something done...if not Im not worrying about it. I am having more fun on another project now anyways.

Thanks for the feedback!

btw Dere: btw how are you doin? havent seen you on for a bit...

derelict
04-21-2003, 04:20 AM
Helo king,

I am recovering nicely thank you.:)

I just got greenlight from the doctor today. Now i am FREE!, i still have a couple of days MC yet. I am now in the office. It is not easy looking at them collegues. I can see they are scared to come near me... thank god not all of them. Guess what, its the guys who is actually getting to close for comfort ;)

All in all i'm ok. Thanks again for asking.:bounce:

TerrestrialSea
04-22-2003, 05:21 PM
WOW! It's sure coming along very nicely. I think you may have another Challenge under your belt in a couple of weeks.

Crit: The first alien tower looks excellent! The second alien tower in the background seems a little out of place (yes, i know it's VFX) but i think it could use a little more contrast just to make it a little more visible. The little alien-snow-mobile is a nice touch, but i seems to me like it sort of hovering above the ground. Other than that I love it. It's very well done so far! Keep it coming!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.