PDA

View Full Version : FR2 physical sky - how to agree with AR sky?

Ernest Burden
06-03-2007, 05:40 PM
What are the tricks to get a physical sun (real-world location) in FR2 to agree with C4D's SKY and its solar position?

I'm rendering interiors for a building that is curved and mostly glass, so having fairly accurate sun shadows is important to my client.

I'm starting with a scene rotated from true north. I rotated the C4D SKY object by the offset and it looks about right for the location (New York City area).

Now I'm trying to get FR2 to match the results in AR. I added a NULL at world origin. and have rotated it also, dropped it into the 'compass' slot in FR2. But my FR2 sun shadows are way off from ARs. I put in the long./lat. and remembered that negative = west. Still off.

What am I doing wrong here?

georgedrakakis
06-04-2007, 11:56 AM
hi Ernest,
check this out:
FR Sky synchronization set (http://www.cebas.de/forums/smf/index.php?topic=4657.0)

it was posted long ago in FR forum, when i was really interested to get FR.
(edit: maybe i will, i am waiting for Advanced Vrender 3.0 ;) )

Ernest Burden
06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
hi Ernest,
check this out:
FR Sky synchronization set (http://www.cebas.de/forums/smf/index.php?topic=4657.0)

it was posted long ago in FR forum, when i was really interested to get FR.
(edit: maybe i will, i am waiting for Advanced Vrender 3.0 ;) )

Thank you, I do remember that. Is this the only way to go? I'm not against it, but I was looking to understand the things that make AR sky and FR2 sky agree.

georgedrakakis
06-04-2007, 02:40 PM
sorry, can't help you further.
i don't own FR, i was just hanging in the forum to get to know FR better.
maybe searching through the xpression, will help you to find more about the sychronization.

ps: personally, it showed me the way of using integers for multiple choises.

ecore
06-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Try set the Location/time to "OS" in Sky manager.
Good luck:)

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2007, 03:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.