PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to reconnect a rig's controls?

Xyless
06-03-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm using the Alfred rig to make an animation, and I needed him to look like a mime. After careful searching through his outliner (as his body is only seen as a "reference"), I found how to alter his face. I was able to edit his low-poly character no problem...everything worked fine (albeit freaky looking with low-poly facepaint).

However, once I raised his head's smoothness, I noticed that I didn't really change the face I wanted, so I went back and did the same thing with his smooth face (which literally took hours and hours to do).

Once I finished my ridiculously tedious task, I returned to his expression controller and went to put his face back on low-poly, but nothing happened. None of the controls worked anymore. I tried moving his controllers (joints? not sure what they are called), but those, too, weren't connected. I have no clue what changed, since all I did was apply a different texture to his face.

Anyway, here's a picture of what I mean, since I'm not sure if you guys would understand me.

This is him with his controllers in the place they should be, yet aren't connected.
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/5137/mimenormalgx0.png

This is me moving the connectors to where they should be.
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7021/mimeunconnectedot4.png

Thanks for any help you guys could have! My animation was going amazingly until this, and now it doesn't at all.

Xyless
06-03-2007, 02:38 PM
All right. Apparently, listening to my roommate telling me that using the "Delete History" option was not a good idea (knew I shouldn't have listened to him). Now I have to do everything all over again. :eek:

DruG
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Wait, i don`t get it. Both screens are described as "controls are where they should be".

Which one is true "should be" version? ;)

Not sure what you actually did there, but I don`t see any joints on your screens. Maybe the skin cluster... fell off? ;) That would explain why the mesh is not following your controls.

Does the face work on blendshapes?

edit: oh, aprooval span ;> So, here you go ;)

refract
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
If his body is only seen as a reference, go to File, reference editor, and select the reference in the reference editor.
Then go to File... import objects from reference.
This should make it a part of the scene. (thus eliminating most errors)

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.