PDA

View Full Version : Ozone3

duke
06-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know when this is coming out? Wasn't it announced August last year?

MsLin
06-03-2007, 10:15 AM
The Personal Learning Edition is available now for Ozone 3. Check your account page at e-on.

The released version can't be far behind.

Lin

Polou
06-03-2007, 10:04 PM
The Personal Learning Edition is available now for Ozone 3. Lin

Hi,

I've got it and loving it but not sure..!

I've got Vue Infinite and not sure what to choose between Xtream and Ozone 3..?
I'm not using that much Vue as I tend to do almost everything in Lightwave 9.2.
Ozone seems very simple to use as Vue Infinite Xtream.

What is your thoughts..?
Thanks

BUZZFX
06-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Doesn't Vue 6 Infinite have everything that Ozone 3 has or does Ozone 3 do more?

Polou
06-04-2007, 03:47 AM
Doesn't Vue 6 Infinite have everything that Ozone 3 has or does Ozone 3 do more?

Yes Vue Infinite has everything but if you want to put "everything" into Lightwave (and other packages) you have to use/buy Xtream...(Vue Infinte Xtream)

Ozone 3 is just a plugin and hasn't everything, just skies and atmospheres.

IvanB
06-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi Polou,

With ozone 3, all you get in lightwave is the atmosphere, but with xstream you get everything from vue into lightwave, atmospheres trees terrains etc, interacting with your Lightwave objects.

If you want this feature, I would definatly suggest getting xstream...I have it and use it with LW 9.2.

Images attached are compressed so I could upload..No AA from within LW..just a couple of examples made with xstream and LW 9.2, Standard atmosphere, not spectral.

Polou
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi Polou,

With ozone 3, all you get in lightwave is the atmosphere, but with xstream you get everything .

Thanks Ivan

Yes I known the difference between those two. I know Xstream would be a better choice but as I said, I'm not using Vue that much so I'm wondering if the upgrade's price is justified..? Ozone 3 is not cheap......so not sure right now.

TRick
06-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I have Ozone 1 and 2 for Lightwave since a very long time and haven't used it for a single professional job. If done right you can get better results with Lightwaves own procedurals (and an italian procedural plugin Metanoise I once bought), even if you need animated skies. So can someone who owns v1 or v2 tell me if v3 has gotten any improvements in the "hyperreal" area ? I already downloaded the beta but don't have the possibility to test it ATM...

duke
06-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I have Ozone 1 and 2 for Lightwave since a very long time and haven't used it for a single professional job. If done right you can get better results with Lightwaves own procedurals (and an italian procedural plugin Metanoise I once bought), even if you need animated skies. So can someone who owns v1 or v2 tell me if v3 has gotten any improvements in the "hyperreal" area ? I already downloaded the beta but don't have the possibility to test it ATM...

It has the new Spectral atmosphere model from Vue6, so clouds actually look real this time :p

phamarus
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Itīs gonna be interesting to see how fast ozone 3 will work inside of Lightwave, another contender for acheiving good atmospherics are of course the ogo taiki plugin..and that one can do a lot more already than Probably ozone will manage,but on the other hand ozone will maybe be able to produce more realistic skies much faster and much easier to set up.
Boy what ever happened to ogo taiki? that plugin was released long before vue got itīs new
spectral volumetric model.
And it had so much except speed.

so if one knows how to create terrains and water and foliage inside of lightwave, I would probably go for ozone,and concentrate on that lightwave combo,if I were not to use vue
that much that will say.

Phamarus

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.