PDA

View Full Version : Better foot control?

tOd
03-17-2003, 04:26 PM
I was over at a buddies house who has Motion Builder PLE. I was playing with the Disco Dancer character, Gremlin and a couple of others. I liked the feel of Motion Builder alot!!I love how fast it is but wasnt to happy with the way the feet are rigged. It may be me and they way Im used to animating but I couldnt find a way around the problem. Any help would be appreciated and if it can get the control I would like I will be getting my onw coppy very soon.

I hope I can explain. Say in a simple walk, to get the back foot up on the ball you have to translate the toe back or you have to rotate the ankle so that it reacts with the floor and puts the foot on the ball. But I noticed it also puts translation on the ball joint making it slide backward. The ball joint should just rotate and not move as it stuck to the floor by friction. Am I animation these rigs wrong? Is there a way to stop this slipping from happening. It seems to me to be an IK thing on the foot. Not sure though. I would buy my own coppy in a heart beat if I knew I could get really good foot control.

bclark
03-17-2003, 08:47 PM
a side note.. you can re-parent the riggs and make the reverse foot rig with the contorl set and not have to rely on the floor contats. Just somehting to keep in mind.

Most animators are used to dealing with the feet setup that way and might give you what your looking for.

DaveLEWIS
08-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi,

Did U ever find a solution to this problem?

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.