PDA

View Full Version : Window docking question

pengwinzz
06-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone :), I have been watching a number of mel script videos over the past few weeks In the hope that I will be able to create my own custom panel in Maya, there are one or two issues that I have at the moment that are preventing me from getting on with it at the moment

Anyway the first issue is the window for the panel itself, I know how to create a window, but I don’t know how to make one dock into the left side of the screen (like the outliner can) I had a look around for threads regarding docking, and while there were some that touched on it, what was mentioned kind of went over my head :(

So does anyone know how to make a window dock on the left side of the Maya UI? Or are there any mel scripts out there that I could take a look at that already do this?

Also, from looking around the net I hear (or read rather) that www.ewertb.com (http://www.ewertb.com) is a useful mel script information resource, unfortunately it appears to be down :( is this a permanent or a temporary thing?

Thanks

grantimus
06-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Take a look at the scriptedPanel command, you'll probably find what you want there.

ewerybody
06-04-2007, 08:31 AM
about ewertb.com:

use search here or highend3d. Its down for a while. but web.archive.org has it:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050306182822/www.ewertb.com/maya/mel/

pengwinzz
06-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the replies :)

I managed to get 3 of the 5 pages relating to scriptedPanel tutorial from the ewertb archive which cleared some things up for me, but what I donít get is how you define/control whereabouts in the maya UI the panel will dock, There doesnít seem to be any documentation with regards to scriptedPanel docking within the maya help developer resources

Can anyone shed some light on how this works?

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2007, 08:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.