PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Int. w A4 oversized - is it worth the extra money?

Conni
03-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Hi all,
im thinking about purchasing an Wacom Int 2. A4 tablet. But I don't know which one to chose, the regular or the oversized version.
At the moment I prefer the oversized version but I would like to know if the extra pad space is really worth the extra money or is possible to work with the smaller version as well.
I hope you understand what I mean :)
- Cornelius

Aelius
03-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Depends what you're doing. I bought an oversized A4 tablet a few years back and it's way too big. I've got the sensitive area shrunk down smaller than an A5 tablet!!!!

I suppose someone must find the bigger tablets useful, or they wouldn't make 'em, but I cannot see the point in them!

It's a pity I didn't know this before I forked ot for mine!!!

ceql
03-19-2003, 01:54 AM
I have a Wacom Intuos 2 12"x12" (A4 oversize), but since it's square-shaped, I keep it in "proportional" mode so that it matches the 4:3 ratio of my monitor... meaning that I only use 12"x9" of it.

So, I'd recommend just getting the 12"x9" (A4)... but it depends on how much price difference there is, and which size model comes with the bonus 4D mouse (in your region), and also, afaik the 12"x12" is thicker and thus perhaps slightly more durable too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.