PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to key one object/attribute and automatically set a key for another?

JYoung
06-02-2007, 04:57 AM
Hey guys and gals, wondering if there's a simple way to do this. I'm assuming it'll take some sort of scripting, but I hope it's nothing too difficult.

Basically, I have a single object under a group node. The group node has a set driven key applied to it so it can't be keyframed, and that set driven key is attached to an attribute. I would like it so everytime I key that attribute(thus moving the group node), a key is also set for the actual object.

Is this possible? My thinking is that I'd like to setup a facial rig where I have the usual list of attributes(smile, frown, phonemes, etc) to choose from, but then I can go back in later and manually tweak the facial controls to get an extra level of control. However, I'd like it so everytime one of the attributes is keyed, it also keys the control object. Is there an easier way to do something like this than what I'm thinking?

Thanks.

DruG
06-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, it`s called Character Set :)

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2007, 03:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.