PDA

View Full Version : Assume areferred angle, set preferred angle, problems

ParamountCell
06-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Hi people, I am having trouble with the assume areferred angle, set preferred angle, commands in maya. Every time I activate the assume command I get no response, I know that it is probably a small setting that I have overlooked, but does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

DruG
06-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Do you have IK connected?

ParamountCell
06-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Hi drug thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. However, with some googling I realised that my version of maya 7 doesnt allow me to set the pref angle, when I right click, but it does work through the skeleton menu. Do you have any idea why that is?

DruG
06-04-2007, 05:54 AM
I have no idea. I have never had any problems with that. I might be wrong tho, because... I don`t use it very often ;)

amannin
06-09-2007, 07:44 AM
i dont recall ever having that problem in version 7 (not that i use that version anymore).

in ver. 8+ (maybe 7, dont remember) have you simply tried going to modify -> evaluate nodes -> ignore all -- then tried to set / go to prefered angle ?

also, maybe you should try deleting the inital bind pose, then try assigning / reassigning a prefered angle.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2007, 07:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.